One Day

One Day
by CL

One day I will understand,
You lie to my face.
Everything will be okay,
You lie in my place.
Your flight was canceled, 
Protect yourself, hide your guilt.
Grant me suffering,
It will be okay...
You coward, you cunt.
Oh, I am sorry.
I apologize,
God forbid I hurt your heart.
Your fragile, fragile,
Heart.
It must have shattered years past.
Lord knows that thing could not last.
At least you still have
Your eyes, your brown eyes.
Filled with shame and tears.
They will never see the same.
The eyes you past onto me,
Rest, staring at you.
The man I once loved,
Now cloudy and gray.
My eyes, empty cataracts.
Your eyes, overflowing lakes.
Ignorant to your evil,
You run, following satan.
Unable to turn around.
Yet, I wait.
I wait until the dawn breaks.
Morning after morning, the
Sun rises.
But, I see darkness.
The darkness you have shadowed.
Plagues my eyes,
My eyes you past on.
In your absence, you lost my love and trust.
Now, they lurk anxiously, but is that just?

Comments