As Sleep Enters

As Sleep Enters
by CL

Wind out
Air slows
No one shouts

No need to forget
As many anew pour in
His blue eyes
The way he touches my chin
The ocean rolls
The grass whistles
Only remembering now
Shaded from the bristles

For now is good
And breath is clean
Eyes flicker
More thoughts flow
My eyes shut oh so slow
Typing blindly yet again
Raw thoughts sent through pen

I think of Fin
In heaven with Him
In fields with no distress
Without bosses and lives a mess
No requirements for stress is wrong
No negativity
He who has the nativity 
Why when I shut my eyes
Does Jesus always arise
In my words and my mind
His way he always finds
I'm not a religious person
For I believe in faith over conversion
But He must always appear
Whispering wisdom through my ear
Darkness may be all I see
But my fingers type so freely
These thoughts so natural
Unedited and healing
Rhyming often forgotten
In the world spoken without pen
Confused by my own thoughts
Drowsy minds a loose bulb
Trying to forget tomorrow
Or recollect today
Tenseness starting to rise
Start to forget
Let it fade away
As I fall asleep
Remember my love
Thinking of cookies up above
Hold onto me tight 
Its okay we'll make it through the night
Don't open your eyes
I promise I will guide
Tonight is one
One of many more to come
One day I will see you face to face
Promise me no one can take my place
For we are the lucky ones
Our hearts irreplaceable to everyone's
Snuggle close
Ignore the thunder
Lightening rises
As the sun subsides
Remember to smile
And always go the extra mile
Life is oh so short
For I know too well
It's precious in itself
I love you as I do
Unable to speak for my own
Your love has given me a home
He with me is love to all of us
I see you now
Your eyes like snow
Watch it fall from the sky
Know I went in
My soul turns words you knew into
Waves crashing
Wind in


Comments