Poem - Our Last Goodbye

Our Last Goodbye
by CL

In the night your eyes
Twinkle as I fall asleep.
Dream of what once was
Our careless reality.
When life turned into
Memories fading away,
Sleep was my escape.

Before my eyes shut,
Pictures of you.
Right in front of me,
So far away.

Your eyes last shut,
Looking into mine.
I disappeared into life,
Your clothes stayed with me.
Internally bare, I couldn't look.

Walk out, was I leaving you?
My head turned around,
One last look, last forever.
Please, time do not move.

But time moved.
Memories ensued.

I feel with my heart,
Your soft soul with me now.
I see with my eyes,
In front of me, behind me.
You are here, but there.
Guide me from above, bring peace.

As a soft wind flows through grass,
Where you once lay down,
I think of our last goodbye,

Dreaming of our next hello.

Comments