Falling

Falling in love.

Dancing in love?
Flying in love?
Sleeping in love?
Breathing in love?

Falling.
Losing control
with the trust of landing
upright eventually.

We all fall.
When we learn to walk,
when we drink too much,
when our bodies grow old.
   
I’ve fallen unexpectedly.
Leading to hysterical laughter,
confounding pain,
and a long journey ahead
of strengthening and healing.
       
I’ve fallen knowingly.
Learning to snowboard,
or skydiving over my hometown.
Excitement and experiences
overshadowed the risk.

When I fell for her,
I had no authority,
no grasp of reality.
She provided me laughter and pain,
she healed all of my broken memories,
strengthened me for the road ahead.
Led me to know what love felt like,
excitement and comfort,
experience and grounding.

Falling.
Losing control
with the trust of landing
upright eventually.

Comments

Post a Comment